I’m a huge fan of the free SSL movement, and when I heard about Cloudflare’s Flexible SSL I was excited to try it out here.
With my run and gun style, I went ahead and enabled Flexible SSL on the domain and hoped for the best. After about 24 hours, I noticed that things didn’t go so well.
In the process of completely disabling my site by trying to just set my site url to https in general settings and figuring out how to switch it back here, I found that I was able to set a page rule in Cloudflare that always redirected my admin to https.
This seemed to do the trick, except for creating new posts. When trying to create a new post, it tries to load tinymce over http. After tons of searching I found the WordPress HTTPS plugin, which finally cleared up the tinymce loading issue and all is well!
Now I have my site running over https for free along with some basic CDN!
I accidentally screwed up my theme so I figured I would just go back to basics at this point. I no longer have an account with Rocket theme so I can’t download the theme again and I don’t have a backup anywhere that I can find.
I’m liking the minimalist look right now.
Ive complained a few times about the use of Joomla as a CMS along with a popular subscription theme provider RocketTheme. This time they have really done a great job, combining their spectacular CMS design skills with WordPress.
Overall the theme was relatively easy to install. I had a one major issue with a plugin conflict, but other than that, after deactivating the plug-in, everything was up and running Perfectly! Continue reading DailyRelevance’s New Look
I installed wordpress directly from my server’s control pannel, which was version 2.3.1 of WP. After logging into the admin section I found that there was a critical update WP and I would have to upgrade to the newest version. My normal experience with web software upgrades have been very painful in the past and I thought this was going to be another one of those scenarios… I decided to back up all my data first, then over-rite all my files.
To my surprise, the only thing I had to do was upload the new files. I didn’t even have to run the install.php file! I’m amazed to say the least.